How to generate a CSR for Cisco Content Services Switch CSS 11500 ?
1. Issue the ssl genrsa command to generate an RSA private key pair for asymmetric encryption. The CSS stores the generated RSA key pair as a file on the CSS.
CSS11500(config) # ssl genrsa myrsakey.pem 2048 “passwd123”
2. Issue the ssl associate rsakey command to associate the RSA key pair name to the generated RSA key pair.
CSS11500(config) # ssl associate rsakey myrsakey1 myrsakey.pem
3. Issue the ssl gencsr rsakey command to generate a CSR file for an associated RSA key pair file.
CSS11500(config) # ssl gencsr myrsakey1
4. Fill in the required information:
Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com
Organisation Name - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country Name - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
5. Copy/paste the entire contents of the CSR (including the BEGIN and END tags) into our order form.