CHow to find help getting a Certificate Signing Request for Compaq iTP Secure WebServer
To generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on Compaq iTP Secure WebServer, perform the following steps:
Create your private key
1. Launch the Compaq iTP Secure WebServer keyadmin utility.
2. Type in the following command line:
$ bin/keyadmin -keydb keydb -mkpair -dn 'DN'(-length 2048)
* Keydb is the name of the key database that where the public and private key will be stored.
* mkpair instructs the server to generate a random public key pair with a default length of 512 bits.
* -dn 'DN' is the full distinguished name for the new key pair. Enclose this distinguished name in single quotes to protect it from being interpreted by the shell. Do NOT use any of the following characters in the distinguished name field: ! # $ % ^ & * + = < > ?
* When prompted, type random keystrokes. These random keystrokes are used to generate a unique public/private key pair.
* For instructions to generate key pair for Atalla WebSafe, please refer to the iTP Secure WebServer manual.
3. When prompted, enter a password to protect the key pair.
Generate your CSR
1. Run keyadmin -mkreq:
bin/keyadmin -mkreq filename -dn 'DN' (-life days) (-webmaster webmaster-name) (-phone webmaster-phone-number) (-software software)
* -mkreq filename generates a CSR and writes it to the specified file. A key pair must already reside in the database.
* -life days specifies the length of time that the certificate will be valid. The default is 365 days. The span requested is inserted in the CSR. Note that the CA can adjust this life span when issuing the ID.
* -webmaster,-phone,-software add the specified plain text fields to the CSR.
Common Name – Must match the URL you plan to secure exactly – is usually your fully-qualified domain name, e.g., devel.ssl247.co.uk or mail.devel.ssl247.co.uk). Remember the www. Is important – include it if you want to secure https://www.yoursite.com & exclude it if you want to secure https://yoursite.com
Organisation - The legal (officially registered) name of your organization/company include Inc., LLP., Pvt, Plc. Ltd. SARL., etc
Organisational unit - The name of your department within the organization (this is often "IT," "Web," or is just left blank).
City/locality - The city or town in which your organization is located.
State/province - The state in which your organization is located.
Country - Click here for the official list of ISO country codes for this field.
2. Request File. Enter the name of the CSR file to create.
3. Open the CSR file and copy/paste the entire contents (including the BEGIN and END tags) into our order form.