How to use Code Signing for Sun Java?
Please follow our Sun Java Signing instructions to sign your components using your Code Signing certificate:
Get Java SE Development Kit (JDK) if you don't already have it (used to generate the CSR).
Install the root and intermediate certificates
1. Launch a command prompt and go to your JDK directory (generally located in C:\Program Files\Java).
2. Type in the following command:
keytool -import -v -trustcacerts -alias root -file root.crt where root.crt is the root certificate.
3. Install the two intermediate certificates:
keytool -import -v -trustcacerts -alias inter1 -file priminter.crt where priminter.crt is the primary intermediate certificate.
keytool -import -v -trustcacerts -alias inter2 -file secinter.crt where secinter.crt is the primary intermediate certificate.
Install your Code Signing Certificate and Sign your JAR files
1. Launch a command prompt and go to your JDK directory.
2. Type in the following command to install your Code Signing certificate:
keytool -import -alias MyCert -file YourCert.cer where YourCert.cer is your Code Signing certificate.
3. Sign your files by using this command-line:
jarsigner c:\yourfile.jar MyCert where yourfile.jar is the file you want to sign.
You can verify the signature with the following command-line:
jarsigner -verify -verbose -certs c:\yourfile.jar