How to get started with a SSL Certificate for BEA Systems WebLogic 8 & 9 ?
If you are installing an EV SSL Certificate, please follow our Weblogic EV SSL Certificate Installation Instructions. Otherwise, please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on BEA Systems WebLogic 8 & 9.
Install your SSL Certificate in WebLogic
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (with Notepad or Wordpad) and save the file with the .cer extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Run the following command:
keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias server -file your_domain_com.cer -keystore your_domain.jks
3. "Certificate reply was installed in keystore" message should appear. If asked if you want to trust the certificate, choose yes.
Configure the Keystore for use in WebLogic
1. On your WebLogic server, expand Servers and choose the server you want to secure.
2. Go to Configuration, Keystores and SSL.
3. Click Change... link under Keystore Configuration.
4. Choose Custom Identity and Java Standard Trust as keystore configuration type and click Continue.
5. Enter the path to the your_domain.jks file on your server under "Custom Identity Keystore File Name".
6. For Customer Identity Keystore Type, choose jks.
7. The Custom Identity Keystore PassPhrase is the password you have chosen when the keystore was created.
8. Click Continue and Finish.
9. Go back to Servers and Configuration, Keystores and SSL, click Change... link under Keystore Configuration.
10. In the page Configure SSL, choose Key Stores as the method in which identity and trust is stored.
11. Specify the Passphrase and Private Key Alias used when creating your keystore.
Note: With our instructions, "server" is your alias.
12. Click Continue and Finish.
13. Reboot the WebLogic server.