What is the ideal way to install a SSL Certificate for Domino Web Server 8.5?
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Lotus Domino 8.5:
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file (like Notepad) and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Get your intermediate certificate. Copy and paste the contents into a .crt file by using a text editor.
3. In the Domino Server Certificate Administration, select "Install Trusted Root Certificate into Key Ring".
4. Chose the option File for the Certificate Source and enter the name of the file with your first intermediate certificate. You can also copy and paste it directly by chosing the option Clipboard.
5. Repeat the operations 3 and 4 to import the second intermediate certificate.
6. Select now the option "Install Certificate into Key Ring". Chose the option File for the Certificate Source and enter the name of your key ring. Then import your certificate. You can also copy and paste it directly by chosing the option Clipboard.