How to generate your SSL Certificate for Apple Mac OS X
Please follow these instructions to install your SSL certificate on Apple Mac OS X Server:
1. Once you received your SSL certificate by e-mail, please copy and paste it into a text file and save the file with the .crt extension. (Include the tags -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE-----).
2. Get your intermediate certificate. Copy and paste the contents into a .crt file by using a text editor.
3. Open Server Admin and click Certificates.
4. Click + and Import a Certificate Identity.
5. Drag these three files and click Import:
- your SSL Certificate (from step 1)
- your Intermediate Certificate (from step 2)
- If you created your CSR using OpenSSL, you will need to import your .key file.
6. Assign the SSL Certificate to the desired services:
For Mail > On the left window panel, click Mail, Settings, Advanced and Security. Assign the SSL certificate to SMTP or IMAP services.
For Web Services > Click Web and Sites. Choose the web site you want to secure. Click the Securitytab and check Enable Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Choose the Certificate. Choose Yes when asked to restart web now.